Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 365 - Some More to Come


This is the view of the Ottauquechee from the Middle Bridge around 4:30 Saturday, September 26.  I began the blog with a picture taken on September 27, 2014.  With this post, I share the last of my year's worth of images.  I set out to take a picture from the same spot on the bridge "most days." I have done most days, although I am a bit disappointed I did not do more.  In the end, I took pictures on 287 of the 365 days.  I am gratified and grateful that the blog received an average of more than 10 page views a day, and while this is not exactly going "viral," I felt I was in conversation with friends about something meaningful.  Thank you for joining me in this enterprise!

While this is the last post of a daily picture of the river, I will share with you in the days ahead some of the hours I spent driving along the length of the Ottauquechee from its source in a gentle valley under Wolf Hill in Killington to its flowing into the Connecticut River just after a sharp drop over falls by two covered bridges in Hartland.

And as a teaser...


No comments:

Post a Comment